Wow, what a whirlwind of emotions I’ve had since Thursday night. There were so many times that I thought I couldn’t stay here. So many. Thoughts of failure and guilt over all of the people living else where in the world who would think what we had here is luxury.
So I’ve decided that I must be a princess because:
* I can’t handle having to clean out a toilet every single day. Not just ‘clean’ it but carry it, tip it out, wash it, sterilise it with kettles full of boiling water, dry it and carry it back in.
* I can’t handle having to empty buckets of dirty sink water down the paddock every few hours.
* I can’t handle the mess outside. The tip look wasn’t really what I was going for.
* It’s way colder than I thought it’d be.
* I can’t handle the bathroom not being fully waterproof.
* I can’t handle the concrete floor that’s not sealed and not easy to clean.
* I can’t handle the teeny, tiny space that is the shed.
* I can’t handle the icky, sticky clay mud everywhere we walk. Thankfully, that’s only outside.
* I can’t handle the fact that I missed the Sams Creek Bookworks Open Day on Saturday because I wasn’t coping here.
But when my lovely ger-ry, neighboury friends come over for their first little shed cuppa, all they see is light bulbs and connected electricity and taps at the kitchen sink and a fridge and a bathroom and a hot running shower and a washing machine and a TV.
See, I am a princess.
PS, I’m back online right now and I’m hoping I’ll have enough GBs in my little wireless elite to continue blogging to sanity until Telstra connects the phone line.